Hi lovelies! I haven’t made a #chiapud for a little while and my little girl was requesting one for this mornings breakfast. I used @chia_natures Organic Maqui Berry Powder (purple being her favourite colour next to pink) mixed into the overnight soaked Organic Chia seeds from @chia_natures in almond milk. The maqui berry is an amazing source of antioxidants and provides omega fatty acids, along with vitamins A and C and the minerals calcium, iron and potassium. I also added a layer of Mini Muncher cultured coconut yogurt to keep the gut nice and strong and delicious dragon fruit and strawberries that are in season. I topped it with some Quinoa Krispies I made and black sesame seeds for added protein, calcium and a slight crunchy texture.
My kids absolutely loved this for their breakfast and especially enjoyed the flavour and colour of the Maqui berry. Kids are especially drawn to colourful meals and it entices their eyes to eat Sending you all an abundance of health and happiness! Silv
Serving Size : 2-3 Serves
- Almond milk to fill 3/4 mason jar (For a recipe to almond milk check a few posts back)
- 4 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp liquid Sweetener like coconut nectar, maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp Maqui Berry Powder
- 2-3 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1/2 chopped dragon fruit
- 2-4 sliced strawberries
- Fill a mason jar with almond milk 3/4 full. Add in Chia seeds & sweetener and stir until well combined. Leave at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Stir mixture again and place in fridge over night with lid tightly fastened.
- In the morning mix in Maqui berry to Chia pudding mixture. Place mixture in a glass or bowl of choice.
- Top with coconut yogurt more Chia pudding and sprinkle fruit on top and any other toppings of choice.