For those who love sweet potato this is for you! Having extra kids in our home last week and all wanting afternoon snacks I made these Sweet Potato Falafel With Drizzle Of Tahini. Eat them on their own, with a salad or make a meal and add some rice perhaps. Instead of a healthy sweet treat try these for a savory snack that all can enjoy!
Sweet Potato Falafel recipe
- 1kg sweet potato
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
- Peel, chop into 2cm squares and steam the sweet potato for approximately 10-15 minutes or until tender. Let them cool.
- Once cooled placed all other ingredients along with the sweet potatoes into a bowl and mash and mix until well combined.
- Roll into balls and place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C, place the balls onto parchment paper or a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly crisp on the outside.
- Dip into tahini and serve on its own, with a salad, sautéed greens or rice. For the tahini recipe go back a few posts.