Sunday vibes with Banana Mini Pancakes mixed summer berries, cherries and yogurt My Nephew and Niece were asking me to make them something for breakfast. They told me they were a bit sceptical about eating a healthy breakfast! To their own surprise they demolished each of their stack and asked I give the recipe to their Mum. Woohoo 1st attempt at feeding them worked! Winning!!! Recipe to these beauties will be posted later. However I will tell you that these are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, sugar free and mighty delicious.
These are quick and easy to make and I’m sure will be enjoyed by all. Having a Daughter with allergies, one of them being to egg, requires me to be prepared when travelling. Something I always take away with me are Chia seeds @chia_natures Chia seeds act as a fabulous egg replacer and can also be used for many other things such as a Chia pudding for breakfast or as a snack. Chia seeds are loaded with protein, fibre, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients. These little seeds are highly nutritious and gluten free. For each egg required simply add 1 tablespoon Chia seeds to 3 tablespoon water, stir and place in the fridge to gel for approx 10-15 minutes.
Serving Size : 3-4 Serves
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 Chia eggs
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil for cooking
- Prepare 2 Chia eggs as per above and set aside.
- Roughly break banana or chop into pieces and place in a food processor. Add all other ingredients and blend until well combined. If still a bit runny add more almond meal if desired.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture on to a preheated pan with coconut oil and gently spread the mixture. Keep the pancakes small so that it is easier to cook through and flip over.
- Once the side cooking is browned and a spatula can easily slide through its ready to be flipped and cooked on the other side.
- When flipping the pancake over be sure it is ready and cooked enough as they tend to break if not ready. Estimate around 2-3 minutes on the first side and slightly less on the other side.
For those living in Indonesia don’t forget to put MMB10 at checkout when ordering Natures Energy @chia_natures products including Chia seeds, Maqui berry powder, quinoa, Maca powder and much more.