Sundays are for family indulgences! My kids have started school holidays from the beginning of this week and I can already feel the difference of an easier, less stressful week. No need to rush and my kids have been helping themselves to breakfast in the morning so Mama gets an extra lie in of 1.5 hours!!! Yep it’s been GREAT!!
Today I made some FRENCH TOAST for the kids. I use to make this for my girl when she was a lot younger and haven’t made it in ages. I blended a smoothie like mixture with added nutrients of Maca, Baobab powder and also some hemp seeds and placed some slices of freshly baked bread from a French bakery at the end of my street into the batter. I lightly fried them in virgin Coconut oil until golden brown and topped them with fresh strawberries, frozen blueberries and a good serve of coconut syrup! Totally scrumptious and the lot was scoffed down in complete silence. The batter can easily double up as a smoothie if you make a double mixture. Happy Sunday indeed and I wish you all the very same!!
French Toast Recipe
Serving Size : 3 – 4 Servings
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 milk of choice (I used almond)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp Maca
- 1 tbsp Baobab
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 -8 slices bread of choice
- Coconut oil or oil of choice to shallow fry
- Blend all ingredients except bread and oil.
- Pour mixture into a wide dish.
- Place slices of bread into the mix and coat each side.
- Fry in oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with sweetener of choice and fresh fruit.