It was an early start this morning as my little man woke up at 5.30! Rather earlier than usual but it gave me the chance to get some prepping done for the week ahead. Kids wanted tomato on toast for breakfast which was quick and easy to prepare. Once they were fed I made some granola and used some of the granola to make these super delicious bites. These granola bites are filling and pack a punch of nutrition. They can be made into slices but are perfect as mini balls for little fingers. Great for a snack or to be sent in kids lunch boxes for school.
For my breakfast I made a banana nice cream and added to half of the mixture moringa powder, 1/2, splash of unsweetened homemade cashew and half a kiwi fruit. I don’t add sweetener to my smoothies generally as I find the fruits to be sweet enough already.
Moringa powder is super nutritious containing Vitamin C, A, calcium, protein and potassium. I topped the smoothie with the granola bites and it was superb!
Hope you all are having a wonderful day and enjoyed the last day of this week! Don’t forget to check out the moon tonight if the sky is clear!
Smoothie With Granola Bites
- 1 cup granola of choice
- 2 heaped tbs of sun butter (can use any other nut butter as well)
- 1 tsp sweetener coconut nectar, honey, maple syrup or to taste (optional)
- Place granola in a bowl and leave to on side.
- Place sun butter in pan add sweetener and place on low heat stirring for a few minutes to combine.
- Pour mixture in with the granola and mix the mixture with hands to combine all ingredients well.
- Once combined roll into balls or place in a tray and firmly press down to make a slice.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
- Suitable to be placed in the freezer and take out when required.