Getting right into the Christmas spirit with these . It was my first time making these and they turned out great! Wasn’t sure how they would turn out but the Kids absolutely loved them and so do I. Definitely gave me that Christmas feeling when I had my first bite! They were slightly crispy on the outside and soft, doughy and chewy on the inside.
- 4 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup warm cashew milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 flax eggs
- 1 sachet instant yeast
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- Pour flour into a bowl. Add yeast to warned milk and stir until combined. Pour over flour and add all other ingredients.
- Stir with Wooden spoon into a shaggy dough.
- Place mixture onto a well floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Dust the dough with flour and leave in a bowl covered to rise for 1-2 hours.
- When risen preheat oven to 180C Roll out mixture onto a floured surface & lightly brush some coconut oil.
- Mix the filling above together until well combined. Place the filling onto the dough all over.
- Beginning from the bottom gently roll the dough into 1 long sausage shape. Cut the roll into 12 pieces.
- Place onto parchment paper on a baking tray and bake for approx 15-18 minutes until golden brown.