Needing a quick meal for the family that is high in protein and perfect for a Meatless Monday? This organic meal ticks all the boxes and provides great amounts of iron and calcium too that is essential for growing little toddlers and kids. Turmeric has many healing and anti inflammatory properties and perks up the color of the dish giving it a golden yellow hue. An easy swap from the usual rice stir fried rice meal that provides a complete protein hit. You can vary the vegetables used and if serving to toddlers chop the veggie into smaller bite sized pieces.
Serving Size : 3 – 4 people
Prep Time : 15 minute
Cook Time : 10 minute
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa (cook red or white quinoa as per packet instructions)
- 1 cup Mixed Raw Vegetables (I used cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, spring onion, spinach )
- 1- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper (don’t be shy using the pepper as it aid in the absorption of the tumeric)
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add turmeric to the oil and combine until infused and mixed well. Add in vegetables of choice and stir fry until ardent.
- Always good to keep vegetables slightly undercooked rather than fully cooked.
- When the veggies are cooked add in the cooked quinoa and mix well. 30 second to 1 minute should be good to re heat the quinoa.
- When cooked add in salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Plate up the stir fry and in the same pan add in the bok choy and cook until wilted. About 30 sec to 1 minute.
- Add the wilted bok choy to the side of the quinoa
Choose organic vegetables and quinoa whenever possible.